Though HITECH may have some questioning their physician integration strategy — especially the part about underwriting EMRs using the Stark relaxations — it hasn’t deterred Inova Health and its CIO Geoff Brown one bit. In fact, Brown thinks strengthening those key relationships is more important than ever. Heartened by the industry’s move towards standards and a world in which everyone seems content to “play in the same sandbox,” he’s extremely bullish on IT’s ability to improve healthcare in his neck of the woods — Northern Virginia. To learn more about Brown’s plans to develop a robust healthcare ecosystem that goes far beyond the walls of Inova’s facilities, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently caught up with the long-time executive.
- Why is Geoff Brown so upbeat?
- Working toward the future state of healthcare
- “I’m optimistic, but I’m no fool”
- Measuring up to Meaningful Use
- “Putting the bar out there is fundamentally a good thing”
- Continuing education & the CIO
- Listening first, speaking later