For organizations like NYU Langone, digital isn’t a buzzword; it’s a philosophy of leveraging technology to improve patient care, make processes more efficient, and reduce costs, says CIO Nader Mherabi.Read More
One of the biggest mistakes organizations can make? Focusing too much on the day to day, and not enough on strategic planning, says CIO Danny Scott. In this interview, he talks about what he has done to establish a “real vision” at Good Samaritan.Read More
- Counting Down the Top Blogs from 2019
- LinkedIn, But Outdated: The Critical Mistakes Executives Are Making
- Dr. John Halamka's Guide to Health IT Policy in 2020
- "Doubling Down": HIT Leaders Discuss Their 2020 Visions
- Training and Standardization Aren't Dirty Words
- Unsilent Partner
- Q&A with CIO Nader Mherabi, Part 1: "To Excel, You Have to Be Highly Digitalized."
- A Lasting Impression
- Q&A with CIO Danny Scott, Part 1: "Our Job Is to Enable. That's What IS Does."
- "Our Journey Is Not Over": Liz Johnson on the Quest for a National Patient Identifier