Readying Your Organization for the Impending EPCS Deadline
The deadline to comply with the national mandate for electronic prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) is less than a year away. Essentially all healthcare organizations must have an EPCS solution in place by January 1, 2021. In addition, more than 25 states have EPCS mandates in effect or with approaching deadlines. There are many benefits to EPCS, including added security, increased provider efficiency and patient satisfaction. But organizations must meet a number of DEA requirements designed to track and audit the connection between practitioners and their EPCS orders. Coordination between a healthcare organization’s IT and clinical teams is critical in implementing a comprehensive EPCS solution that is fully-compliant and ready before the national deadline.
Attend this webinar to learn:
- Full DEA requirements and the impact of state and federal legislation
- Measurable results healthcare organizations have achieved through successful EPCS implementations
- Key EPCS considerations, including two-factor authentication, identity proofing, logical access control and reporting
- Full Webinar – Video
- Top Take Video Clip: Dr. Phillip Coule Gets Personal About EPCS
- Recap Article
- Full Webinar-Audio Only: Listen here using the player below or Subscribe
About our Sponsor: Imprivata is a leading provider of authentication, access management and secure communication solutions that enable providers to better focus on patient experience. By removing technology barriers, Imprivata optimizes clinical workflows to let doctors spend more time being doctors.