Over the years, we’ve found that although healthcare leaders are constantly grappling with myriad issues, there are always a few that seem to stand out most during a given time.
In 2022, those topics were informatics and digital health — at least, for our readers. Of the top 15 most viewed blogs of the year, three centered on informatics (included a valuable tutorial), and three explored different facets of digital health.
Of course, a number of other areas resonated with readers, including artificial intelligence, professional development, and the evolving role of the CIO.
We’d like to thank our contributing authors and those who are willing to share their perspectives on our site, and we can’t wait to see what 2023 will bring.
Top 15 Most Viewed Blog Posts from 2022
- Kitchen Utensils and Applied Clinical Informatics – Dirk Stanley, MD, CMIO at UConn Health
- Where’s the Blockchain Revolution? – John Halamka, MD, President, and Paul Cerrato, Senior Research Analyst, Mayo Clinic Platform
- Green CIOs: How Leaders Can Drive Toward a Zero-Carbon Emissions Plan – Andy Draper, CIO, HCA Continental Division
- “Nurses Are Rockstars”: Industry Leaders Recognize National Nurses Week – With contributions from Terri Couts, Dan Howard, Brian Weirich, Liz Johnson, Chris Walden & Becky Fox
- Time to Temper Our AI “Transformation” Expectations? – Brett Oliver, MD, CMIO, Baptist Health System KY & IN
- “More Important Now Than Ever”: Leaders on How CHIME Has Affected Their Careers – Aaron Miri, Rich Temple, Kate Pierce, Jason Buchanan, David Finn, Craig Richardville, Michael Saad, Chris Walden, Nicholas Szymanski & Liz Johnson
- Healthcare M&A: What Can We Expect in 2022? – David Chou, CIO, Legacy Community Health
- The Next Phase of Telehealth: 5 Possible Scenarios – Joseph Kvedar, MD, Senior Advisor, MGH Center for Innovation in Digital HealthCare
- “Be a Smart Shopper”: What CIOs Need to Know About AI Solutions – John Halamka, MD, President, and Paul Cerrato, Senior Research Analyst, Mayo Clinic Platform
- “This Model Can Work”: CIO Nicholas Szymanski Talks Work-Life Balance – Nicholas Szymanski, VP & CIO, Signature Healthcare
- Door Dash Ride-along: Learnings from an Informaticist (and Parent) – CT Lin, MD, CMIO at UCHealth
- “People Are What Makes Tech Work”: Lee Milligan Reflects on His Journey at Asante – Lee Milligan, MD, former CIO, Asante Health System
- Moving Telehealth out of the Post-Covid Doldrums – Joseph Kvedar, MD, Senior Advisor, MGH Center for Innovation in Digital HealthCare
- EHR Travel Blog: “Informatics Involvement Is Our Superpower” – Chani Cordero, CIO, Brooke Army Medical Center
- The Evolving CIO: Michael Saad on “Creating a Digital Handholding Experience” – Michael Saad, SVP & CIO, University of Tennessee Medical Center