It’s been an interesting year, to say the least.
And although the Covid-19 pandemic — and everything that came along with it, from ramping up telemedicine to dealing with added financial burdens — certainly seemed to dominate the headlines, for our readers and listeners, it was just one of many topics of interest.
Not surprisingly, digital transformation garnered a lot of page views, along with interoperability/data blocking, career development, cybersecurity, and strategic planning. If you haven’t had a chance to view our most popular posts from 2020 (or if you could use a refresher), we’ve compiled them below.
Thank you, as always, for your support!
healthsystemCIO’s Most Popular Posts from 2020
- Ready or Not, Here Comes the Release of OpenNotes (CT Lin, MD, CMIO, UCHealth)
- Q&A with B.J. Moore, CIO, Providence: “Everything We Do Is at a System Level.”
- Q&A with Nader Mherabi, CIO, NYU Langone Health: “To Excel, You Have to Be Highly Digitalized.”
- “A Wake-Up Call”: How COVID-19 Is Shining a Light on the Need for Enterprise Imaging (Featuring Chris Magyar, Senior Product Manager of Enterprise Medical Imaging, Hyland; Joe Marion, Principal with Healthcare Integration Strategies; and Brandon Taggart, Founder and Principal Consultant with Kondifi Healthcare IT Consulting)
- “We’re at a Critical Inflection Point”: A Public Health Expert’s Take on COVID-19 (Jennifer Dunphy, DrPH, Chief Population Health Officer, Regal Medical Group)
- Best Practices from “Ground Zero”: UW Medicine’s COVID19 Response (Featuring Eric Neil, CIO, UW Medicine)
- LinkedIn, But Outdated: The Critical Mistakes Executives Are Making (Zachary Durst, Senior Associate, IT Practice, WittKieffer)
- Q&A with JD Whitlock, CIO, Dayton Children’s: “You Can’t Do Everything.”
- Q&A with James Wellman, CIO, Blanchard Valley Health System: “Developing Trust Is Key.”
- Surviving the “Wild West”: What IT Security Leaders Need to Know about Ransomware (Mitch Parker, CISO, Indiana University Health)
- “COVID Has Caused Us to Rethink Everything”: HIT Leaders Share Lessons Learned (Featuring Kathy Ross, CIO, Broward Health; Chuck Podesta, Interim CIO, UConn Health; Sri Bharadwaj, senior director and CISO, UCI Health; and Wes Wright, CTO, Imprivata)
- Q&A Chuck Christian, VP of Technology, Franciscan Health: “We’ve Learned Together.”
- “Grit and Grind”: How a Solid Infrastructure and IT Team Have Become Difference Makers (Featuring Nick Fuchs, Enterprise Architect and Senior Director of IT Infrastructure, Springfield Clinic; Tilden Conatser, Senior Infrastructure Architect, Optum; and Cheryl Rodenfels, CTO of Americas Healthcare, Nutanix)
- “The Path Was Already Paved”: How HMH Moved Quickly to Respond to Covid-19 (Featuring David Reis, former CIO, Hackensack Meridian)
- Guide to Health IT Policy in 2020 (Featuring John Halamka, MD, President, Mayo Clinic Platform)
- Q&A with Keith Perry, CIO, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital: “We Found Ways to Be Creative”
- Q&A with Brian Lancaster, CIO, Nebraska Medicine: “Consumerism Is a Key IT Strategy.”
- “All About Team”: CIO Michael Restuccia on How Insourcing IS Helped Transform Penn Medicine
- Q&A with Cletis Earle, CIO, Penn State Health: “We Need Everybody to Help Address This.”
- Prioritization in a Post-Covid World: Where CIOs Need to Focus (David Chou, CIO, Harris Health)
Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year!
Share Your Thoughts
You must be logged in to post a comment.