We lost a great one last week: Dick Schopp, a 50-year veteran of the HIS industry, who died after a protracted illness. Dick’s career spanned almost our entire industry:
• Director of IS at Magee Women’s Hospital in PIttsburgh
• Director of R&D at the Indianapolis Hospital Development Association
• Regional Sales Manager for McDonnell Douglas Automation (McAuto)
• AVP Midwest Region for HIS, INc. from Brooklyn, NY
• Founder & President of Healthcare Computing Strategies (HCS)
• Principal with HIS Professionals, LLC
He is survived by his loving wife Pat, 5 children 27 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren.