Reading the healthcare IT tea leaves is telling Roger Neal a few things. First off, they’re telling him a close-knit relationship between his hospital and the independent physicians which send it patients is key. They’re also telling him that tight integration which facilitates seamless data flow among his applications is becoming all important. While interfaces have gotten him some communication between his Meditech inpatient and GE Centricity ambulatory EHRs, it’s not yet a perfect world. As such, he’s giving LSS another look, both for reasons of integration and price. To learn more about his work to create a community health record, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently chatted with the Oklahoma-based executive.
- Managing the independent docs
- Managing rogue vendor reps — “It is kind of irritating if they want to bypass me”
- Anatomy of a system selection (T-Systems in the ED)
- Meditech/T-Systems interfacing
- Meditech/Elekta’s Mosaic interfacing
- Iatric Systems for the interface engine
- Does being from the area make a CIO more effective?
- “As a CIO, you have to force yourself to get out there”