Reading the healthcare IT tea leaves is telling Roger Neal a few things. First off, they’re telling him a close-knit relationship between his hospital and the independent physicians which send it patients is key. They’re also telling him that tight integration which facilitates seamless data flow among his applications is becoming all important. While interfaces have gotten him some communication between his Meditech inpatient and GE Centricity ambulatory EHRs, it’s not yet a perfect world. As such, he’s giving LSS another look, both for reasons of integration and price. To learn more about his work to create a community health record, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently chatted with the Oklahoma-based executive.
- About Duncan Regional
- Meditech Magic in the hospital (on 5.63, going 5.64)
- Elekta’s Mosaic in the ambulatory cancer centers
- GE Centricity in the physician practices of employed docs
- Lesson learned: Live with CPOE since December
- Looking at 6.0? “It pretty much is building a whole new system”
- Will the Meditech acquisition get LSS a second look?
- Sunsetting Stark: How to keep the ambulatory momentum going
- Acute/ambulatory integration