CIO roles in different industries, of course, differ vastly, but those within healthcare also have some unique attributes. Specifically, cancer center CIOs — such as Dana Farber, MD Anderson, Memorial Sloan Kettering and H. Lee Moffitt — share challenges their acute counterparts do not. But they also share some benefits, which, according to CIO Mark Hulse, include an enthusiasm for electronic support where their traditional colleagues have yet to ‘turn the corner.’ To learn more about what it takes to lead IT in oncology, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently caught up with the Tampa-based executive.
- Moffitt’s (unusual) application environment — Cerner clinicals/Siemens Soarian Financials
- Using Cerner’s cancer-specific EHR
- Image management — Emageon for PACS, Cerner for RIS, lifeimage to round it out
- Finding the right vendor for your problem
- Managing vendor relationships
- Moffitt’s patient portal project
LISTEN NOW USING THE PLAYER BELOW OR CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FEED AT iTUNES
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (14.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | Podcast Index | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Share Your Thoughts
You must be logged in to post a comment.