Twenty three healthcare IT executives recently passed CHIME’s CHCIO certification exam, a program developed with input from nearly 80 CHIME members, as well as certification professionals at Castle Worldwide.
- John M. Arnott, II; Chief Information Officer, Cirrus Health
- Jeffrey D. Burke, Vice President, Regional CIO, Bon Secours Health System
- Don Claunch, Vice President and CIO, Wyoming Medical Center
- Doris Peek Crain, VP/CIO of Information Technology, Broward Health
- Michelle Edwards, Senior Vice President and CIO, Palmetto Health
- William C. Eubanks, Senior Vice President & CIO,UMC Health System
- Stuart Gross, Director of Information Tech & Security,Southern California Physicians Managed Care
- Nancy Hall, Chief Information Officer, MedAmerica/CEP America
- David J. Kempson, Vice President and CIO, Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Billi Kennedy-Hutchinson, VP, Customer Services & Physician System, Adventist Health Systems – IS
- Curt Kwak, WWA CIO, Providence Health & Services
- Robert Paul Latz, Corporate Dir. of Technology Integration, EnduraCare Therapy Management, Inc.
- William J. Lewkowski, Executive Vice President and CIO, Metro Health
- Peter Malloy, Chief Information Officer, Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- David L. Miller, Executive Director, Application Systems, Univ. of Chicago Medical Ctr. & Bio Sciences
- William H. Moore, Chief Information Officer, Parrish Medical Center
- David S. Muntz, Senior Vice President & CIO, Baylor Health Care System
- Joan M. Roscoe, Vice President & CIO, Valley Health System
- Marco A. Ruiz, Director, Information Technology, Broward Health
- Michael F. Russo, Chief Information & Technology Officer, Saint Anthony’s Health System
- Joey Sudomir, Vice President & CIO, Texas Health Partners
- Alexander Veletsos Ed.D, Chief Applications Officer, Orlando Health
- Gregory S. Walton, Chief Information Officer, El Camino Hospital
In order to maintain the relevancy of the CHCIO certification exam, the program has assembled various panels and workgroups to perform annual examination assessment and new content creation to reflect current developments in the healthcare IT industry. CHIME members who have been in a CIO or equivalent position for at least three years, pass the 125-question CHCIO examination, and collect 25 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are eligible to become certified. CHCIOs must be committed to ongoing professional development and undergo recertification every three years.
Two upcoming CHCIO Examination dates have been scheduled in conjunction with the 2011 CHIME/HIMSS CIO Forum in Orlando. The first exam will be conducted on Saturday, Feb. 19, and the second will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 23. For more information about the CHCIO Program, including exam registration, visit: http://cio-chime.org/chcio/index.asp.