After years on the consulting side of healthcare, Steven Roth made the jump to provider CIO by joining PinnacleHealth. And while he knew the organization had outsourced its IT shop to Siemens, Roth wasn’t aware of the “depth and breadth” of the agreement until he finally had a chance to read the fine print. As such, Roth and Pinnacle are hoping to rebalance that agreement with an eye toward shared risk. To learn more about managing strategic vendor relationships, navigating the independent physician waters and building an HIE, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently chatted with the Harrisburg, Pa.-based executive.
- The PinnacleHealth/Siemens Relationship
- “There were some surprises around the depth, breadth and longevity of the agreement”
- Looking for a rebalancing of risk
- Taking the Soarian Financials plunge
- Obtaining an integrated platform for the acute and ambulatory worlds
- Taking the time to transition right