Hal Baker doesn’t boast the typical CIO resume, one with a deep background in applications and infrastructure management. But what he does posses might be even more crucial for success in today’s HITECH word, with its focus on the implementation of advanced clinical systems. That’s because Baker is an M.D. — and one who has spent time as a CMIO to boot. Both his experience as a practicing physician and as the bridge between IT and the organization’s clinicians means Baker knows what it takes to bring independent docs to the CPOE table — a table at which they will have to sit if WellSpan is to earn its allotted Meaningful Use monies. To learn more about Baker’s leadership, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently caught up with the Pennsylvania-based executive.
- Cerner Acute/AllScripts Ambulatory integration
- Chatting w/Bill Spooner, leveraging CHIME
- Reporting for Stage 1 Meaningful Use
- Speech recognition with Nuance/Dragon
- Stress management & finding work/life balance
- “As long as you love what you’re doing, it’s fun to do, and it’s really a great time to be involved in healthcare IT”
LISTEN NOW USING THE PLAYER BELOW OR CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FEED AT iTUNES
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (8.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | Podcast Index | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Share Your Thoughts
You must be logged in to post a comment.