Integrity-based leadership may be something talked up in executive training sessions, but it’s put into practice by Curt Kwak, CIO of the Washington Region at Providence Health & Services. And the qualities of transparency, honesty and fairness which are so close to Kwak’s heart have come in handy as he says goodbye to incumbent vendors GE and McKesson and hello to Epic. Yes, Kwak’s going full-boat Epic in order to more closely integrate the core facility with local physicians. To learn more about his journey, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently caught up with the West Coast CIO.
- Going from GE/McKesson to Epic
- “Epic seems to have the most integrated delivery system in the market today”
- Providence’s independent physician practice strategy (integrating the docs)
- Using Stark?
- “At the end of the day, they will realize the benefits and strengths behind partnering with a large system like ourselves”
- Application monitoring with Compuware