Though there are thousands of Meditech hospitals, only a handful are in the in the process of migrating from the Magic to 6.0 platform. Of course, those hospitals (and their CIOs) are being watched very closely by the Meditech community. One of those CIOs is Ed Ricks of Beaufort Memorial Hospital. Ricks is not only taking his facility to 6.0 and going best of breed in the ED, but using a new integration engine to bring it all together. To gather some lessons learned for healthsystemCIO.com readers, editor Anthony Guerra recently chatted with Ricks.
- Dealing with M&A — Medhost acquired, Allscripts acquires
- “I don’t anticipate changes, but it is kind of scary”
- The case of MercuryMD/Thomson Reuters
- CPOE secret sauce — “Physicians are people too”
- Adding a CMIO
- Creating evidence-based order sets
- “You gotta have some street cred”
- Avoid embarrassing clinicians — don’t just throw technology at them
- Measuring up to Meaningful Use
LISTEN NOW USING THE PLAYER BELOW OR CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FEED AT iTUNES
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (4.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Podchaser | Podcast Index | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Share Your Thoughts
You must be logged in to post a comment.