After 14 years with St. Claire Regional Medical Center, you might think Randy McCleese has done it all, but you’d be wrong. That’s because the CIO is just now embarking on a new core clinical install with a vendor he hasn’t worked with before — Meditech. And McCleese isn’t dipping his toe into the Meditech pool, but jumping right in, bypassing many of the CIOs he met at a recent Meditech Users Group (MUSE) meeting and going straight to 6.0. It’s an exciting time for McCleese, installing a new inpatient system, working on the local HIE and staying active in HIMSS and CHIME. Recently, he took a few minutes to talk with healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra about all of the above, and so much more.
- The St. Claire landscape
- Primary care clinics using EMR & PM from AllScripts (A4)
- Surgeons on PM from GE (IDX)
- Integrating the acute & ambulatory worlds
- What about LSS?
- Extending Meditech inpatient to surgeon clinic
- The future of AllScripts A4 product in light of Eclipsys merger
- Predicting the future AllScripts/St. Claire relationship
- Meditech software & wait times
- Measuring up to Stage 1 Meaningful Use