Just like any multi-hospital health system, OhioHealth’s 16 facilities are measuring up differently when it comes to besting ONC’s Meaningful Use bar. And while CIO Michael Krouse says all 16 facilities many not qualify for every HITECH dollar, he’s supremely confident of avoiding the government’s penalty sticks. To learn more about how the Stimulus program is playing in the nation’s heartland, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently talked with Krouse, who currently spends his free time authoring a book on leadership development.
- “We have always approached this from a safety-first angle”
- Does HITECH pay for the work involved? (Not even close)
- Project prioritization in the HITECH era
- Buddy Hickman is right!
- Get ready for “significant costs and significant workflow changes”
- “I reserve judgment on the NPRM” (until I see the final rule)
- A good consultant would have “mixed things up a little bit better”
- Laying out the OhioHealth vendor landscape (McKesson shop — 10.3)
- GE Centricity EMR in the practices, athenahealth for PM — going ASP
- Still using Stark?