If you thought CIOs merely had to surmount the Stage 1 Meaningful Use bar to be successful, you’d be very wrong. That’s because the government has just begun enacting the massive mandates it’s planned for healthcare. Specifically, there’s a little conversion called ICD-10 that will run parallel with the mid-stages of HITECH and take more than a sliver of CIO bandwidth. One CIO with his eye on this coding prize is Norton Healthcare System’s Joseph DeVenuto, who recently Tweeted about his plans to coalesce critical constituencies around the ICD-10 table. To learn more about his strategy, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently chatted with the Kentucky-based CIO.
- Meditech, LSS, and integrating the docs
- LSS pushback
- Meditech’s ambulatory strategy
- Norton’s ambulatory integration strategy
- CIO’s role in ICD-10 transition
- Funding the transition
- The Meaningful Use Bar
- Measuring up to Stage 1
- Inpatient CPOE & hospitalists
- Meditech & Certification
- 5.5 to 5.6 — a big Meditech jump
- Why not go from 5.5 to 6.0?