Just like any multi-hospital health system, OhioHealth’s 16 facilities are measuring up differently when it comes to besting ONC’s Meaningful Use bar. And while CIO Michael Krouse says all 16 facilities many not qualify for every HITECH dollar, he’s supremely confident of avoiding the government’s penalty sticks. To learn more about how the Stimulus program is playing in the nation’s heartland, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently talked with Krouse, who currently spends his free time authoring a book on leadership development.
- HITECH has put “an unbelievable amount of pressure” on the industry
- Limited resources on vendor side being felt
- Will the RECs be able to help?
- “RECs will turn to large providers for help”
- The REC re$ource problem
- EMR is the first step to HIE
- OhioHealth’s 16 hospital landscape
- Meaningful Use gap analysis
- “You can only do so much with the time that you’ve been given”
- Missing some carrots but avoiding the sticks