What It Means When The Phones Are Ringing

Paul Roemer, CEO, Pale Rhino Consulting

His colleague asked the physician, “How is it that you are able to see 10 times as many patients each day as the rest of us?” “You guys spend too much time meeting with patients and asking them questions. I do Facebook Care. I just look at their picture on Facebook, and if I don’t […]

Share

A Mile In Their Shoes: One CIO’s Patient Experience

Scott MacLean, Deputy CIO, Partners HealthCare

In high school, I was on the football, skiing and track teams. I ran because I had to, but I didn’t enjoy it. Probably because my brother had started running marathons, I started running the summer after graduation and I’ve logged at least 15 miles per week for the last 32 years. Many weeks it’s been much more. So […]

Share

Go Beyond The Golden Rule

Sue Schade, CIO, University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers

We’ve all had those bad customer experiences: rudeness, a “not my problem” attitude, being bounced from person to person, being left on hold too long, not hearing back from someone as promised. You know what I’m talking about. And we’ve all had those excellent customer service experiences: think about the difference. Was it the smile, […]

Share

Chris Belmont, VP & CIO, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Chapter 2

Belmont_Chris

Rolling out Epic… again
The power of hindsight — “Things go through a traditional life cycle and you can expect it.”
Moon Shots Program
Training Watson “to think like an oncologist”
Structured data & finding “gold nuggets of knowledge.”
Patient experience — “We can always do better.”

Share

Why Are 60 Percent Of Your Patients Already Disappointed?

Paul Roemer, CEO, Pale Rhino Consulting

What would you do differently if you knew that 60 percent of the people who call your health system were already disappointed? Would everyone have better experience if the health system closed its call center? Quite possibly. Why run the risk of disappointing the other 40 percent of your callers for the first time, and […]

Share