While many are taking their time with Meaningful Use Stage 1, content to attest in 2012, Texas Health Resources has jumped in with both feet. In fact, the organization attested to compliance for all 11 of its hospitals at the earliest possible moment, and used the earliest possible window as its 90-day period. And while CMIO Ferdinand Velasco, MD, has some sympathy for those struggling to get widespread adoption of electronic problem lists, he’s got little patience for those who generally grumble that the bar has been set too high. To learn more about THR’s journey, and how the organization is viewing Stage 2, Anthony Guerra recently caught up Dr. Velasco.
- Reflections on attestation
- Looking forward to electronic Meaningful Use reporting
- Deciding to attest in 2011
- “I would prefer that they make some adjustments to the timeline”
- Problems with problem lists