After years on the consulting side of healthcare, Steven Roth made the jump to provider CIO by joining PinnacleHealth. And while he knew the organization had outsourced its IT shop to Siemens, Roth wasn’t aware of the “depth and breadth” of the agreement until he finally had a chance to read the fine print. As such, Roth and Pinnacle are hoping to rebalance that agreement with an eye toward shared risk. To learn more about managing strategic vendor relationships, navigating the independent physician waters and building an HIE, healthsystemCIO.com editor Anthony Guerra recently chatted with the Harrisburg, Pa.-based executive.
- About PinnacleHealth System
- Moving toward best of suite
- Vying for the independent docs in a competitive environment
- Skipping Stark, going MSO
- Health information exchange
- The CIO’s role in crafting physician-funding business models